Despite being in the midst of the winter, there’s been plenty of enquiries about the summer Alpine running trips we offer. Perhaps it’s the days getting longer that are turning your thoughts to long hot summer days! The photo above of Kate running the summit ridge crest of Tete de la Tronche (Italian Val Ferret), with Mont Blanc behind, is an iconic image that embodies exactly what trail running in the Mont Blanc massif is all about.
Our most popular summer Alpine trail running trip is based in Chamonix, and during the week you typically run in the three countries surrounding Mont Blanc; France, Italy and Switzerland. For the itinerary of the week, click here.
Two weeks this year are scheduled to allow you to watch or even participate in some of the great local trail races. These weeks are;
1) 19-25 June 2016 week – this coincides with the Marathon du Mont Blanc race events which include; vertical kilometer, 10km, 23km, marathon, or 80km. The race events are scheduled 24-26 June 2016.
2) 21-17 August 2016 week – overlap with the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc race series week, with the main UTMB set off on the Friday evening. The atmosphere in Chamonix this week is electric! We always try and ensure that this week you are led by a UTMB finisher, so they can give you all the race gossip.
Spaces are limited on these popular weeks, so book soon to guarantee your space(s). The video below gives you a good idea of the terrain and landscapes that you typically run on during these Alpine trail running weeks of ours.
Last year this course was featured in the Sunday Times, click here to read the full article, and to see if Sean survived!
Key features of our Alpine trail running trips;
– 5 days of trail running coaching, led by top qualified pro’s
– Training by a UTMB / CCC / TDS / Tor des Geants finisher
– Town centre accommodation in Chamonix , on a B&B basis
– Plan a trail run in terms of navigation, timings, and safety
– Gait analysis to improve your efficiency and performance
– Coaching from a Personal Trainer, to develop future plans
– Focus talks to inspire; ‘Running UTMB’ & ‘Tor des Geants’
Not only will you enjoy a week of running on some of the best trails in the Chamonix region, but you will have gain a huge amount of tips and advice for performance guidance, efficiency of gait, mountain techniques, and safety skills, so you leave the week feeling more inspired and better informed about trail running than ever before.
Anyway, it’s time to stop dreaming, and to make those running dreams and New Years resolutions come true…